top of page

Builders Risk

Construction jobs are inherently risky, but there’s no need to take unnecessary risks, particularly the financial kind. In the event that your property is damaged or stolen while your building is under construction, GPA Insurance Agency can protect you from financial loss with builders risk insurance, also known as “course of construction” insurance. This policy can help protect your structure as well as the materials involved, whether they are on-site waiting to be installed or being transported there. This is something that every contractor should consider purchasing, especially if you are working with easily damaged materials or if you are working in an area prone to severe weather.


Builders risk insurance can provide the following coverage options:


  • Property damage (e.g., damage to construction material, heavy machinery/equipment, cribbing, false work, fencing, scaffolding, landscaping, construction signs, etc.)

  • Theft of building materials (this may require a gated job site)

  • Labor costs

  • Perils of natural and manmade disasters (e.g., fire, hurricanes, hail, lightning, explosion, vandalism, blackouts, vehicles/aircraft, broken water mains, etc.)

Keep in mind that with GPA Insurance Agency, you get to personalize your insurance policies to suit your needs and circumstances. As a brokering agency, we can compare prices from different companies for you at no cost. Need help deciding on the right amount of protection that fits in your budget? Get an online quote now or speak with a friendly agent to get started!

bottom of page